A Night in the Big Gig City
I attended the 2013 Will This Float? competition in Chattanooga, Tennessee on Nov. 19th, meeting some entrepreneurs who pitched their dynamic new startups while seeking a prize that included legal/financial consultancy and a cash reward. The event was won by Granola Products, a Chattanooga company dedicated to manufacturing high quality, environmentally sound backpacks for the student set. The competition is several years in from Co.Lab, a business startup incubator that helps entrepreneurs. I was the guest of Chanté Newcomb, my friend who is a rising star in digital media in Chattanooga. I can’t say enough great things about her. She’s as sharp as a tack and has a genuine love of conversation, which makes her a natural in marketing. She’s a blast to spend time with. I really feel drawn to Chattanooga, even more than Atlanta. To quote an article that was on CNBC.com yesterday: “It has the fastest Internet speeds in the Western Hemisphere. It boasts the world’s only automotive factory w...
Comments
Post a Comment