Earning my Master’s Degree

I did it! I was awarded my master’s degree from Troy University on July 26, 2013. I drove down with my sister and my daughter. I don’t know what to do with myself now that I have a weekend free of assignments to get done. I’ve been hired as an adjunct professor of communications and will likely teach my first class at the start of 2014. Meanwhile, I will be on the lookout for other teaching jobs and continue consulting and doing creative work such as photography, copywriting, and graphic design. I’ll be spending the next few weeks/months learning my coursework and mastering the software used to offer online instruction. It feels really good to have all of that work behind me and so much new information I can put to work. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the annual salary average for a high school dropout is $18,000-ish, $28,000 for high school grads, $51,000 for those with a bachelor’s degree, and $74,000 for those with a master’s degree. Of course, that fluctuates greatly. An engineer will obviously make a lot more than an art teacher. But hopefully this hard work and debt I’ve acquired will translate into higher wages and more opportunity. If nothing else, I’ve greatly expanded my skill set and learned a great deal about my field. We are down in Pensacola now for a few days of R&R that is much needed. I’m enjoying spending quality time with my daughter, who sacrificed a lot of time with me doing fun stuff so that I could study and get assignments done. If you would like to learn more about my strategic communication services, visit http://www.stiefelcreative.com or send me a message below…


The post Earning my Master’s Degree appeared first on Steven Stiefel.






via WordPress http://www.stevenstiefel.com/2013/07/earning-my-masters-degree/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steven's Stream of Consciousness

New Facebook Page Created

An impressive retail display of community optimism