It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Football Season… Hell Yeah! The time I look forward to all year is finally here as we enter the first college football weekend of the regular season. As you well know, I’m an Auburn fan. Last season was nothing less than a catastrophe. We (and I say “we” because every fan feels like they are part of something even though I would get my tail obliterated on the field in about two seconds if I tried to actually play) finished the 2012 campaign with a 3-9 record and zero conference wins. Our worst season in 60 years. So bad that the head coach got fired two years removed from a national championship! Ouch. Turn the page… Our “new” coach is Gus Malzahn, the offensive genius behind that championship, installing a no-huddle offensive philosophy that already has opposing coaches teaching their players how to fake injuries to stop the clock on third down. Auburn is getting zero respect in the sports media and pre-season polls. We haven’t earned it yet. I hope that as the season progresses, Auburn becomes a storybook success. Our cross-state rival is, of course, Alabama, which enjoyed unprecedented success last year while Auburn fans tried to pretend our season never happened. It was the worst possible scenario for us. You know you stink when even Bama fans don’t even take opportunities to badmouth your team. It’s when you are successful that they become the most obnoxious. For now, most of that appears focused on Johnny Manziel, who had the audacity to beat them last year. THEM! I see many parallels between the way they spew venom at Manziel and the way they did with Cam Newton. I’m no hypocrite, though. I won’t […]


The post It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year appeared first on Steven Stiefel.






via WordPress http://www.stevenstiefel.com/2013/08/wonderful-time-year/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steven's Stream of Consciousness

New Facebook Page Created

An impressive retail display of community optimism